Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Sad news!

Today we had to put our oldest cat, Miguelina down. She had been ill for months but today she was really bad and I could not watch her suffer anymore. She weighed about three pounds. She was with us for 18 years and so she was part of our family. She is probably on the otherside wondering why Hercules is licking her face. She really disliked to have him do that to her. I will try to bury her tomorrow with Hercules. It really depends on how my day goes. I will truly miss her.

What joy our pets bring us! We do not realize that they bring us joy sometimes until they are gone. I will have to treasure her memories in my heart for a long time. She and her beautiful kittens. What memories! Kids, remember the time she hid the kittens in the box springs of Daddy's and my bed? Or how about how she had her litter of kittens in Daddy's side of the closet? Her tiny face and little body compared to the other cats we have had will always be there. Dr. Farris, the vet, almost cried with me because she has a whole house full of cats. She was really sweet about the whole thing. Remember the joy and fun things she has brought to our lives and we will have joy eternal. She will be waiting for us! Now we need to live worthy to be with her.

4 comments:

The Phipps said...

I'm sorry:(

Mrs. JoAnne Mabey said...

hey aunt sherri! i found your blog and then i was sad when i read the first post! i am sooooo sorry! my favorite cat rafter (the orange one) was killed earlier this year, and i still cry when i think about it! but atleast they let us love them! :)

whoopsadasie said...

So sorry to hear about you kitty! I know how you feel about losing your pets! It's very hard! I can't wait to see Grizzly and Bear again either!

Check out my blog page...suzieslifelessons.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hey there Mrs. OAHP ... how about an update???

Newton